jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit dependencies
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 13:48:20 GMT
Hi,

I think Jackrabbit should be as small as possible and only include 'real'
dependencies. In my view, text extraction is an optional dependency
(meaning, only a dependency if you actually need text extraction).
Specially, if some file types need dependencies that are bigger than
Jackrabbit itself! So each file type should have one or multiple optional
dependencies. I don't know the 'correct' way to describe this in the pom
file.

For JCR-2864 (Use out-of-process text extraction) I guess we anyway should
list the jar files needed for text extraction of which file type.

Regards,
Thomas