jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Seidel. Robert" <Robert.Sei...@aeb.de>
Subject AW: AW: Question about child nodes of a versioned node
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 13:13:03 GMT
Hi Alex,

this helped a lot.

The child nodes were not checked in seperately and so only the root version existed. After
seeing this and thinking about it, it was clear that we have to use OVP COPY.

Thanks for the help.

Regards, Robert

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alexander Klimetschek [mailto:aklimets@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 17. Februar 2011 13:51
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: Question about child nodes of a versioned node

On 17.02.11 13:16, "Seidel. Robert" <Robert.Seidel@aeb.de> wrote:
>the OPV for B is VERSION.
>My question now is how can I access this child node from the parent
>frozen node?
>
>I fear I have to do something like
>
>((VersionHistory)Session.getNodeById(jcr:childVersionHistory-Property)).ge
>tRootVersion().getFrozenNode()
>
>Is there an easier way to do so?

I don't know if there is an API method for that. But there is nothing
wrong with that "call", because with OPV=VERSION, afaiu, parent and child
node have separate version histories, that are only linked to each other,
so you have to follow the pointers (an API method would probably do the
same thing).

If you want the full tree directly under the jcr:frozenNode, you need to
work with OPV=COPY all the way through.

Regards,
Alex

--