jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Seidel. Robert" <Robert.Sei...@aeb.de>
Subject AW: Storing latin characters on repository: bad results!
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 08:13:55 GMT
Hi Tomás,

the characters you get are UTF8 bytes read as ANSI.

I didn't test node paths and property names with other than ASCII characters, but the values
of properties are working correctly (tested with german umlauts).

Regards, Robert

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: ttemprano [mailto:ttemprano@Toyota.com.ve]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 16. Februar 2011 20:42
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Storing latin characters on repository: bad results!

Hi everyone...

I believe I've advanced pretty much on what I consider a pretty steep
learning curve (Jackrabbit).

This may be more of an issue with html than JCR.

The problem arises when saving information to the repository with latin
"special" characters like ñ and tildes: á é í ó ú.

For example. I'm creating a document repository that has categories of
documents.

In the end, those categories are nt:folder nodes.

Preferably, the category name should be the node path. Lets say I create a
fictional category called "ácéntós y eñe".

I create the node and save... So far so good, however, when I retrieve the
path with node.getPath() I get this: /ácéntós y eñe

In fact, if I print the path on console it shows the same.

This happens for the path of the node or in properties of Authorizables e.g.
Group authorizables with custom properties as "group name".

I'm using Jackrabbit 2.2 on Tomcat 6 and JSP.

Thank you.
Tomás.