jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Samuel Cox <crankydi...@gmail.com>
Subject jcr:like on long string properties (Jackrabbit 1.6.1)
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 15:40:51 GMT
Hi,

I have been operating under the assumption that I could use jcr:like
to in effect do a substring search across string properties.  This
worked well for all my test cases.  The problem is that the real data
has strings that are much longer than my test data (bad test data:).
Anyhow, should this not work for any length string?  I realize the
performance is bad, but we don't anticipate this search crossing
thousands and thousands of nodes.

Here is a sample xpath:

jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage/_x0036_c/_x0038_6/cb/_x0036_c86cb58-74a9-4955-b4a5-6b19eb6469f2/_x0031_.14//pvsw:artifact[jcr:like(pvsw:data/@pvsw:contents,
'%EDI%')]

I'm going to try upgrading to 1.6.4 now.

Any help is greatly appreciated.