jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alex Parvulescu <alex.parvule...@gmail.com>
Subject Locked helper class improvements
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 15:06:12 GMT
hi guys,

I've filled a jira for improving the Locked helper class -

It is a lot of info so I'm going to try to explain a little bit what I want
to achieve, so we can get this moving a little bit.

Basically, I'd like to:

1) fix a missing lock configuration (the lock scope: session wide or not) -
this I really need to do, and it is submitted as a possible patch

2) upgrade it to use the 2.0 api - everything else in this package depends
on 2.0 this should not be a big issue for anybody

3) add a helper class to be able to use Locked with generics (not currently
possible because of the timeout object) - this would help with the code
readability :)

4) add some more tests - this means moving the existing tests from
jackrabbit core to jackrabbit jcr commons, where this class resides, and
where the tests should be

I'd like to know your opinion on this issue.

thanks,
alex