jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A PersistanceManager for DB2 (i-series)?
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:21:58 GMT
On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 4:13 AM, J S <quartz700@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using a database PM and connecting to an external DB2 (i-series)
> database. Access rights for the Jackrabbit database user are enough to allow
> the creation of tables at server start up. Data is also persisted
> successfully. However, at server restart, Jackrabbit tries to recreate the
> tables again and it fails because the tables are already there. The end
> result is Jackrabbit fails to initialize the file system, and the
> application is unusable (the data can’t be accessed). The workaround is to
> add <param name="schemaCheckEnabled" value="false"/> to stop the schema
> check. This is not necessary with MySql though, somehow, Jackrabbit realizes
> that tables are there and just use them without trying to create them again.
>
> With MySql, I am using MySqlPersistenceManager, but  with DB2 I am using the
> BundleDbPersistenceManager. Do you think there is something particular for
> DB2 that requires its own PersistentManager implementation?

no, i don't think so. it's most likely a permission issue (the db user lacks the
permission to read the meta data). see [0] and [1] for related information.
you might also want to have a look at the following method:

o.a.jackrabbit.core.util.db.ConnectionHelper#tableExists

cheers
stefan

[0] http://jackrabbit.markmail.org/message/jtq2sqis2aceh7ro