jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alejandro Gomez <alejandro.go...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit and multithread access to nodes | design motivations | jcr2
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 15:19:36 GMT
Hi,

I've been working with jackrabbit (2.x.x) more than a year, and some
questions arised when I faced the multithreading aspects of
Jackrabbit.

I've found issues trying to add nodes (on different threads)  that are
children of a same parent.

I've found issues trying to modify a node from concurrent sessions on
different threads.

And after all, I did read a LOT of mailing lists archives, and I found
that some people encourage to implement explicit locking methods.

My question is: What are the design/architecture motivations behind
this behavior? Is that related with some JCR 2 spec item? What would
be the "best practices" if any?

I would LOVE if some of the core developers answer to this topic.

Thanks in advance to everyone!

Alejandro Gomez

--
Lo que creas de los demás estará signado por lo que creas de ti mismo,
y del mismo modo los hechos de tu vida.