jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Erik Froese <e...@hallwaytech.com>
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 15:47:27 GMT
Hey everyone,

Is there a way to configure the Lucene that comes with Jackrabbit so
that it creates the initial indexes in a separate thread when starting
up?

I found this:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Search

and this:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/IndexingConfiguration

But neither provide a way to have the indexing go on in the background
while the rest of the bundles start up.

We have some development and staging servers with tens of thousands of
nodes in jackrabbit and we wipe and re-install the application server
area quite frequently. Since most of our other bundles depend on
jackrabbit being active they all wait for the Lucene indexing to
complete. This takes up to 20 minutes the first time the server comes
up after a re-install.

I tried copying the index files from install to install but jackrabbit
complains that the default workspace directory exists already.

14.02.2011 10:46:05.964 *ERROR* [Repository Pinger]
org.apache.sling.jcr.jackrabbit.server acquireRepository: Repository
problem starting repository from
file:/PATH/TO/sling/jackrabbit/repository.xml in
/PATH/TO/sling/jackrabbit
(org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.ConfigurationException: Workspace
directory already exists: default)
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.ConfigurationException: Workspace
directory already exists: default

Any pointers?

Thanks
Erik