jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From alex marina <alex_marin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ISMLocking in two nodes cluster
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 13:37:38 GMT
Hi John,
Thank you for your answer.
The problem is like that: we have a jackrabbit 1.x deployment. Now our client needs to install
a jackrabbit cluster. We gave a try and when a node was accessed concurrently from the two
nodes we got an Invalid Item State Exception.
We are now trying to use the FineGrainedISMLocking (we also tried DefaultISMLocking) but there
seems to be no difference.
Alex

--- On Tue, 2/22/11, John Langley <langleyatwork@gmail.com> wrote:

From: John Langley <langleyatwork@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: ISMLocking in two nodes cluster
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 7:29 AM

jcr-2865 may be the fix you're asking about.

Just FYI, I'm testing 2.1.4-SNAPSHOT as well and there may be issues there
too. Earlier fixes e.g. jcr-2865 made things somewhat better, but as is
typical for performance related issues, it may have just moved the problem.
I'm in the process of exploring.

As some background, I was able to push 2.2.4 to around 500 concurrent
threads (via a jmeter load generator) and it held up pretty well, whereas
2.1.4-SNAPSHOT is having problems around 100 concurrent threads/requests I
still have to dig into.

By the way, I still haven't gotten 2 nodes simultaneously updating the same
db w/out problems, each performance level test I do starts with clustering
enabled but just one node in the cluster (as this triggered the error that
showed in jcr-2865), then I take it to the next level by adding first
another node, and then finally hitting both nodes simultaneously with the
same load generator used to test the single node).

Note: all my testing is in glassfish 2.x with a mysql 5.0 db backend. Be
sure to "balance" your configuration, e.g. never make the number of
connections enabled in your appserver db pool greater than the number of max
connections supported by your db, this will cause you grief.

-- Langley