jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Fran├žois Cassistat <f.cassis...@maya-systems.com>
Subject Backup strategy
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 22:22:26 GMT
Hi,

I need to make daily backups of our repository on the server. But there may be user activity
at any hour.

I was thinking about a backup strategy :
- Hold any new connection/request ;
- Let all connected users finish their current request ;
- Ensure that all connections are closed (with transient repository, it should shut down itself)
;
- Copy all database files of the persistence manager (no datastore, no indexes) directly by
the filesystem ;
- Reactivate repository and performs new requests ;
- Begin copying files from the datastore. This may be incremental.
Maybe I should need to prevent files from disappearing from the datastore by moving them to
a temporary trash node.

I would like to know what you think.