jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jzitt...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: ISMLocking in two nodes cluster
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 15:03:12 GMT
Hi,

On 02/22/2011 01:29 PM, John Langley wrote:
> As some background, I was able to push 2.2.4 to around 500
> concurrent threads (via a jmeter load generator) and it held up
> pretty well, whereas 2.1.4-SNAPSHOT is having problems around 100
> concurrent threads/requests I still have to dig into.

We did quite a bit of concurrent performance work for 2.2, so that's
definitely the version you want to use for concurrent workloads.

> By the way, I still haven't gotten 2 nodes simultaneously updating
> the same db w/out problems,

The current clustering architecture in Jackrabbit is optimized heavily
optimized for read use case like the ones you'd typically see in a CMS
backing a public web site. The downside of the current architecture is
that all clustered writes are synchronized using a global cluster write
lock, so while read concurrency goes up nearly linearly with more
cluster nodes write performance remains constant or even degrades a bit
the bigger your cluster is.

--
Jukka Zitting