jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jzitt...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit dependencies
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 10:20:41 GMT
Hi,

On 02/03/2011 11:00 AM, Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> other candidates for exclusion:
>
> - bouncycastle
> - rome
>
> IIUC bouncycastle is used for parsing encrypted pdf's,
> and rome is used for parsing RSS feeds.

We're quickly getting at diminishing returns here. The rome jar adds
only about 1% to the size of the jackrabbit-webapp.

The bouncycastle stuff is heavier, but it's also much more useful. It's
needed not only for read-protected PDFs but for ones with any kind of
embedded protection (modify, print, etc.). Dropping bouncycastle would
measurably reduce functionality for quite a few users, so I'd only
consider doing that if there's a convincing case for why the required
extra space is troublesome.

--
Jukka Zitting