jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jzitt...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit dependencies
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 18:20:30 GMT
Hi,

On 02/02/2011 02:33 PM, Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> +1 for removing it.

Done, see JCR-2875.

To answer Angela's question, the netcdf dependency came in as a
transitive dependency from Tika 0.8. I didn't think the extra size was
too big a deal and wanted to avoid extra excludes. But as said I don't
feel too strongly about this.

And to Thomas' point about no parser dependencies: I wouldn't go there.
Perhaps we could/should do a separate jackrabbit-lite package if there
are people who really need that, but personally I think that full text
indexing is such an important part of JCR functionality that we should
support it right out of the box.

What we could do is move the tika-parsers dependency from
jackrabbit-core to the jackrabbit-webapp and jackrabbit-jca modules.
Then someone who has a direct low-level dependency to jackrabbit-core
wouldn't automatically get any of the parser libraries, but we'd still
have them included in the deployable release packages.

--
Jukka Zitting