jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jzitt...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit dependencies
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 15:58:08 GMT
Hi,

On 02/01/2011 04:35 PM, GOODWIN, MATTHEW (ATTCORP) wrote:
> We'd like to trim down the required dependencies that are deployed
> in our application.

Do you have some pressing need for this (size, licensing, etc.)? If not,
by far the easiest solution is just to leave the dependencies intact, as
otherwise you'll need to keep reviewing your custom deployment whenever
you do an upgrade as the dependency graph may have changed.

In the end it's just a few megabytes of extra bits which should nowadays
only be a problem if you're targeting a mobile or other embedded
environment. If you do and there's wider demand for something like this,
we might want to consider including such a jackrabbit-lite package in
our normal releases.

> I've seen the output of the mvn dependency:tree but I was curious if
> some of the poi dependencies can be excluded at runtime.

The POI libraries are used for full text indexing of various Microsoft
file formats, most notably MS Office.

--
Jukka Zitting