jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Rakesh Vidyadharan <rak...@sptci.com>
Subject Re: Linking JCR Nodes
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 03:58:20 GMT

On 15 Feb 2011, at 20:33, Umashanthi Pavalanathan wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> Jackrabbit's JCR implementation is used in the project I am working on.
> I have got a question about linking two JCR nodes; is there any concept of
> association/link between two nodes?
> The basic requirement is to create a conceptual connection between two nodes
> and should be able to retrieve all nodes associated with a node (not the
> case of parent-child nodes; but mostly sibling nodes). I would like to know
> whether there's any such concept in JCR/Jackrabbit implementation. If there
> is such feature, I would be glad if you can provide me some links to
> resources.

I am not too sure about what you are trying to achieve, but you can store properties in your
nodes that can be used to very efficiently retrieve matching nodes.  If you have custom node
types, these properties can be auto created as well.

Another way of linking is to store node references as path, weakreference or even a hard reference
in your nodes.

Rakesh