jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From ttemprano <ttempr...@Toyota.com.ve>
Subject Re: AW: Storing latin characters on repository: bad results!
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 13:14:27 GMT


Jukka Zitting-6 wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> On 02/17/2011 09:13 AM, Seidel. Robert wrote:
>> I didn't test node paths and property names with other than ASCII
>> characters, but the values of properties are working correctly
>> (tested with german umlauts).
> 
> Jackrabbit stores all character data (names, values, etc.) as Unicode, 
> so issues like the one experienced by the Tomás are most likely due to 
> character set conversion problems in the client code either before the 
> data is added to the repository or after it has been read.
> 
> -- 
> Jukka Zitting
> 
> 

Hi.

I stepped through the code and in fact the string was getting stored
incorrectly.

I changed the encoding of the JSP to ISO-8859-1 and it works as expected
now.

Thank you everyone!

Expect some more questions from me as I step into the dark access control
world of Jackrabbit ;)
-- 
View this message in context: http://jackrabbit.510166.n4.nabble.com/Storing-latin-characters-on-repository-bad-results-tp3309595p3310738.html
Sent from the Jackrabbit - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Mime
View raw message