jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ttemprano <ttempr...@Toyota.com.ve>
Subject Storing latin characters on repository: bad results!
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 19:42:22 GMT

Hi everyone...

I believe I've advanced pretty much on what I consider a pretty steep
learning curve (Jackrabbit).

This may be more of an issue with html than JCR.

The problem arises when saving information to the repository with latin
"special" characters like ñ and tildes: á é í ó ú.

For example. I'm creating a document repository that has categories of
documents.

In the end, those categories are nt:folder nodes.

Preferably, the category name should be the node path. Lets say I create a
fictional category called "ácéntós y eñe".

I create the node and save... So far so good, however, when I retrieve the
path with node.getPath() I get this: /ácéntós y eñe

In fact, if I print the path on console it shows the same.

This happens for the path of the node or in properties of Authorizables e.g.
Group authorizables with custom properties as "group name".

I'm using Jackrabbit 2.2 on Tomcat 6 and JSP.

Thank you.
Tomás.