jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Tomás Temprano <ttempr...@Toyota.com.ve>
Subject RE: default repository is not created
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 19:28:46 GMT
The cause should be in the Tomcat log file.

Also, error 505 seems to be a completely unrelated error.

505 HTTP Version Not Supported:

Your browser may have made a request using HTTP 1.1, whereas the server you made the request
to supports only up to HTTP 1.0. This may occur when a proxy server sends along a request
with a different version number.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Mark Phillips [mailto:mark.phillips@mophilly.com]
Enviado el: Martes, 18 de Enero de 2011 12:53 p.m.
Para: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Asunto: default repository is not created

For the record: Apache Tomcat/6.0.24 JVM: 1.6.0_22-b04-307-10M3261 Apple Inc. Mac OS X 10.6.6
x86_64

Downloaded jackrabbit-webapp-2.2.1.war file, and installed it using Tomcat Manager deploy
function. jackrabbit home page is presents but the "browser" link results in a 505 error.

It appears the default repository is not created. In the "webapps" directory, within the Tomcat
home directory tree, I find the jackrabbit .war file and a directory bearing the same name
as the jackrabbit distro. I do not find any evidence of a default repository/workspace.

I have tried changing the user and group of the files and directories to match those of the
tomcat installation tree, but no joy.

What might be preventing the creation of the default repository?

 - Tomcat java security?
 - Local file system ACLs?
 - Do I need to add a special user to the Tomcat users .xml file?

 - Mark

La informacion contenida en este mail es de caracter confidencial o para uso exclusivo
del Grupo TOYOTA DE VENEZUELA en sus procesos y actividades de negocio. Los puntos de
vista u  opiniones  presentes  en  el mismo  son  responsabilidad  del  remitente y no
representan una posicion formal del grupo TOYOTA DE VENEZUELA (TOYOTA DE VENEZUELA, C.A.
o TOYOTA INDUSTRIAL DE VENEZUELA, C.A.). Si  UD. no  es  el destinatario o  recibio  esta

informacion por error, agradecemos destruirla de inmediato y notificar al remitente por
esta misma via, debido a que su copia, distribucion o uso esta reservado solo para
personas autorizadas.
The information contained in this mail is strictly confidential or for the exclusive use
by TOYOTA DE VENEZUELA Group in its process and business activities. The points of view
or  present  opinions  contained  in the mail, are the senders responsibility and  dont
represent a formal opinion of TOYOTA DE VENEZUELA Group (TOYOTA  DE  VENEZUELA, C.A. or
TOYOTA INDUSTRIAL DE VENEZUELA, C.A.) If you are not the destined user or received this
information by mistake, we appreciate if you destroy  it  inmediately  and  notify  the
sender  by this same way, because its copying, distributing and use is allowed only for
authorized people.