jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Seidel. Robert" <Robert.Sei...@aeb.de>
Subject AW: rmi.value.binaryvalue and JackrabbitValue
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 09:59:08 GMT
Hi,

We've implemented some mechanism, that stores the structure of a node (inclusive some file
sub nodes) in the data store as xml. This allows us to restore the database from the data
store. But for this, we need the filename of the binaries for a node, so we are using getContentIdentity().
If this behavior should be changed as you say, we will use getDataIdentifier from the BlobFileValue
directly.

Regards, Robert

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jukka Zitting [mailto:jukka.zitting@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 10. Januar 2011 10:40
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Re: rmi.value.binaryvalue and JackrabbitValue

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 10:42 AM, yun <zhiyun@ecquaria.com> wrote:
> In case when the repository is down, I would be able to find the file by
> looking at the database.

Note that the fact that the content hash returned by
JackrabbitValue.getContentIdentity() maps directly to the underlying
file name is an implementation detail that might well change in a
future Jackrabbit release. You should not rely on it in client code.

If you need your binaries to be available even when the repository is
down, a better solution would be to store them separately in the file
system, and just store the file path in both the repository and your
database.

BR,

Jukka Zitting