jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: rmi.value.binaryvalue and JackrabbitValue
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 09:50:28 GMT
On 10.01.11 10:39, "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 10:42 AM, yun <zhiyun@ecquaria.com> wrote:
>> In case when the repository is down, I would be able to find the file by
>> looking at the database.
>
>If you need your binaries to be available even when the repository is
>down, a better solution would be to store them separately in the file
>system, and just store the file path in both the repository and your
>database.

The more interesting question is why should the repository be down?
Because that is part of the overall system (use case?) or just because of
a "fear" that the repository might go down (then it doesn't make sense,
just as you don't write something complex to access the files of a RDMBS
in case "it goes down") ?

Regards,
Alex

--