jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: rmi.value.binaryvalue and JackrabbitValue
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 08:52:11 GMT
Hi,

> In case when the repository is down, I would be able to find the file by
> looking at the database.

OK, I understand now.

> Problem with the JCR API is that,
> org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.value.BinaryValue cannot be cast to
> org.apache.jackrabbit.api.JackrabbitValue

Yes, as far as I know the RMI layer doesn't currently support
JackrabbitValue. I guess either you need to patch the RMI layer yourself
(patches are always welcome), wait for somebody else to do it, or use
another API. The local (non-remote) API works for sure. Unfortunately, I
don't know if DavEx remoting supports JackrabbitValue. About remoting, see
also: http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/RemoteAccess

Regards,
Thomas