jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AW: Performance issue when removing high amount of nodes
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 12:48:10 GMT
On 05.01.11 13:35, "docxa" <dev@docxa.com> wrote:
>Ok, I was afraid I had to do something like that.

In any way it is very useful to have a meaningful naming of your content
structure and not just a numbered list. Note that the common use of Ids
only comes from the technical way RDMBS works, not necessarily from the
(human) data models.

So using some structure of your record data (like owner for example, using
access control and containment as drivers, see also rule #2 of
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DavidsModel ) to build nested folders.

In nearly all cases you have some kind of date or timestamp on your data
and you could use "2011/01/05" as folders, for example - but only if you
don't have a better structure of course.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek