jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Doubt with username and password
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 12:21:47 GMT
On 05.01.11 11:05, "Javier Arias" <jarias@ujaen.es> wrote:
>Thanks for your early answer. I was using SimpleLoginModule because I
>did not know these modules are not for productive environment (I have
>been working few days with JackRabbit). I saw the file that you
>suggested  but I do not understand something.

What version of Jackrabbit are you using? SimpleLoginModule was the
default in 1.x versions, but basically deprecated now. Since 2.0 the
default repository.xml [1] uses DefaultSecurityManager and
DefaultLoginModule that allow full user management and ACLs.

> Now I only can access with
>user admin. Where do I indicate wich users are allowed and their
>passwords?

In the repository. There is no UI in the jackrabbit-webapp for that,
afaik, but you might want to check out Apache Sling for that, it has a
user management HTTP API [2]. Or look at some of the open source tools for
that (link lists under [3] - [5]).

The default admin user is "admin/admin".

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-core/src/main/r
esources/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/repository.xml
[2]
http://sling.apache.org/site/managing-users-and-groups-jackrabbitusermanage
r.html
[3]