jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Cech. Ulrich" <Ulrich.C...@aeb.de>
Subject AW: Users and groups - Access control - Active Directory
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2011 13:44:12 GMT
;-)))

Viel schlimmer ist, dass ich dieses "already in Batch mode" Problem in den Testcases nicht
nachvollziehen kann, allerdings bekomme ich das Repo in der CSE absolut nicht mehr gestartet...
Habe gesehen, dass zwei Threads den gleichen Code ausführen, was allerdings eigentlich gar
nicht sein dürfte, weil es ThreadLocals sind... aber irgendwie dann doch nicht "local"...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Seidel. Robert [mailto:Robert.Seidel@aeb.de]
Gesendet: Montag, 31. Januar 2011 14:35
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: AW: Users and groups - Access control - Active Directory

Hi,

> From what I can see the default admin user in Jackrabbit is the only user
> with permissions to create new users...

That's the situation in a new repository. However you can create a user, and give him all
necessary privileges to create users.

> I want our app to autocreate users with a set of default permissions when
> they log in for the first time, however I'm still struggling with the
> user/group creation/permission etc...

I think you have to intercept the logon and check first if the user is already existing in
the repository (using the admin or the user from above). If the user is not existing, you
can create it and give him your default permissions (privileges) and afterwards, the user
can logon directly.

> I find the lack of howtos and best practices info is really frustrating. I
> feel like I'm about to throw in the towel...

I've invested a lot of time too to read the JSR 283 specification and browsing the Jackrabbit
code - good howtos had helped me, but that's the current situation.

Regards, Robert