jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Cech. Ulrich" <Ulrich.C...@aeb.de>
Subject AW: Query limits
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 13:54:17 GMT
Hi Jukka,

is there another hint for increasing the maxClauseCount value? I set the system property,
but the error still occurs with a value of 1024, although I set it to "Integer.MAX_VALUE".

Thanks in advance,
Ulrich

-----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jukka Zitting [mailto:jzitting@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 28. Januar 2011 11:02
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Query limits

Hi,

On 27.01.2011 18:48, Fran├žois Cassistat wrote:
> we are planning to make queries with a lot of property tests and
> boolean operators. Is there a theoretical and practical limit to the
>  size of the request?

Jackrabbit executes queries against the Lucene query index it maintains
for each workspace. The maximum number of clauses in a Lucene query is
limited to 1024 by default, but you can increase that if needed by
setting the "org.apache.lucene.maxClauseCount" system property. Even a
few hundred constraints in an XPath query should still be fine with the
default settings.

> Could there be some serious slow-down if the query is too big?

Not really. The (non-join) query execution time is much more dominated
by your content structure, distribution of search terms, the kind of
constraints you use and the number of results you expect from the query.

--
Jukka Zitting