jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Yusuf Aaji <yusuf.a...@gmail.com>
Subject DefaultLoginModule and trust_credentials_attribute
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:28:25 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to configure jackrabbit with ldap server and I need to use the
acl based security.

After some research, I came to a conclusion that the
trust_credentials_attribute parameter in the DefaultLoginModule is the thing
that will make me achive the integration.

I will handle the ldap login in my application and on successful login i
will login to the jackrabbit rep, but I don't want to maintain the user
passwords in jackrabbit so I need to allow login what ever the password is.
I think this is the purpose of trust_credentials_attribute

so I configured my repo like this:

    <Security appName="jackrabbit">

        <SecurityManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.DefaultSecurityManager"
workspaceName="wcm" />
        <AccessManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.DefaultAccessManager" />
        <LoginModule
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.authentication.DefaultLoginModule"

        <param name="anonymousId" value="anonymous"/>
        <param name="adminId" value="admin"/>
        <param name="trust_credentials_attribute" value="true"/>
        </LoginModule>

    </Security>

Now when I try to login with admin and a password different from the one
saved by jackrabbit I get login failed exception.

any ideas?!

BR,
Yusuf