jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Luis Muniz <neur0ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Seeking help finding session leak using davex.
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 14:58:18 GMT
Hi,

I am using davex to access a jackrabbit 2.2.1 repository remotely.

Everything works OK, only I see these messages in the jackrabbit log:

2011-01-26 13:11:24.713 ERROR [444092735@qtp-1957835280-22]
JCRWebdavServer.java:210 Failed to add reference to session. No entry in
cache found.
2011-01-26 13:11:24.715 ERROR [444092735@qtp-1957835280-22]
JCRWebdavServer.java:246 Failed to remove reference from session. No entry
in cache found.
2011-01-26 13:11:26.549 WARN  [Finalizer] SessionImpl.java:1261
Unclosed session detected. The session was opened here:

(and a stack trace, i can provide it on demand)

In my client application, I am pretty sure that I call logout to every
session I obtain with login, i have verified by using a counter, counting
the number of open sessions.

I have read previous posts explaining that the warning is cause by an
abandoned session taht is garbage collected. However when I see the 2
JCRWebdavServer correxctly:

        private void  addReference(DavSession session, Object reference) {
            HashSet referenceSet = sessionMap.get(session);
            if (referenceSet != null) {
                referenceSet.add(reference);
                referenceToSessionMap.put(reference, session);
            } else {
                log.error("Failed to add reference to session. No entry in
cache found.");
            }
        }

This would mean that a reference to the session was not added, so it follows
naturally that the session is orphaned when garbage collected.

I create teh session by calling Repository#login and release it via
Session#logout

Is there something else I should be doing?

Thank you for any insight.

Luis