jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: hiding some sub-folders from mr.anonymous
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 20:50:33 GMT
hi yusuf

> I guess I found something usefull here
>
> *JCR* 2 only defines the ability to add privileges. You need to use the
> *Jackrabbit*-specific *JackrabbitAccessControlList* to add a "deny" access
> control entry.

one additional hint: please note that in the default implementation
privileges granted/denied for a given user always take precedence over
those defined any group the user is member of.

in general we advise to create access control entries for groups
as this improves maintainability of the access control content.
similarly we advise to use allow/deny entries for individual users
where you really want to target that specific user and nobody else...

regards
angela