jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Sandor Spruit <san...@cs.uu.nl>
Subject Importing, and exporting XML. Default namespaces
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 13:25:46 GMT

Hello,

I just examined the Jackrabbit repository contents after importing a
document with a default namespace (generated by an application that I
need to work with)

It looks as though Jackrabbit adds its own 'ns' prefix in the absence of
a prefix in the original document. This prefix pops-up when the document
gets exported through the 'session.exportDocumentView'. So, any
subsequent processing steps (XSLT) need to be aware of the prefix.

Is there a way to control what prefix Jackrabbit assigns to XML nodes in
the default namespace?

I may need to import XML documents from several sources, each with their
own default namespace; I'd like to distinguish between them, and assign
a meaningful prefix.

regards, Sandor

--
Information and Computing Sciences, Utrecht University, the Netherlands
Personal coordinates: http://www.cs.uu.nl/staff/sandor.html