jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Losing rights while going throw a binding
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 13:16:09 GMT
hi arne

> there is a strange effect with bindings:
>
> I have a node "/foo/bar" where the user x has read and write privileges.
> Now I clone this node in the home folder of the user in lets say
> "/home/x/bar".
> In WebDAV I see the folder but even when I try to list /home/x I got the
> following message
>
> 16:29:43,825 INFO [STDOUT] 16:29:43,824 WARN [DavResourceImpl] unable to
> calculate parent set
> javax.jcr.AccessDeniedException: cannot read item
> 0299ef42-13ba-4107-b850-f93691710e7c
>
> In "/home/x/bar" x has the same rights as anonymous. In "/foo/bar" he
> has his full access rights.

and what about /home/x?
as far as i know, the message indicates that not all entries of the the
DAV:parent-set could be accessed... i would guess that x is not allowed
to read the parent node at /home/x

> How can I transfer the item number to a file path to know what file
> causes the AccessDenieException?

it's the node identifier... the warning could be nicer...
btw: i'm not sure if the log output deserves a warning thought.

> How can I easily see what access rights the node has? In WebDAV the
> ACL-Information are not to be seen...

not really...

> Do I have to set the access rights to the node, that I have cloned?

not necessarily... it depends on your needs. in any case: for the
calculation of the DAV:parent-set the current implementation reads
the parent of the shared node. setting access rights to the shared
node would not help... if read-access to the parent is denied.

regards
angela