jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Gary Long <l...@magillem.com>
Subject Jacrabbit or relationnal database ?
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:10:29 GMT
Hi :)

I would like to ask your opinion about using JCR or a XML database like
Oracle Berkeley DB in my application. This application receive everyday
an important amount of xml files which are parsed to generate and update
a data model ( a tree which is used in another application). At the
moment, all theses xml files are downloaded and saved on a simple hard
disk. I would like to replace this hard disk by a JCR repository or a
relational database but i'm wondering which of these solutions would
offer better performances.

A first application would save the xml files inside the DB (JCR or
Oracle ) and the another application would read the database (JCR or
RDB) to get the last updates and generate the data model. So in your
opinion, which solution would be the best and why ?

Thank you :)

Regards,
Gary Long