jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "ming@graduate.hku.hk" <m...@graduate.hku.hk>
Subject File admin on JackRabbit file system
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 05:56:35 GMT
Dear all,

It is my first time placing in this mailing list.  Not sure if I do it right.

We are now storing file on file system.  We aware that the original file name is not retained,
and has been coded into different file name.  (e.g. helloworld.txt -> d5a8c7132392)
May I know
1. Is it a one-one mapping between the original file and the coded file by JackRabbit?
2. How can I recover the original file name (e.g. helloworld.txt) from the coded file name?
3. For administration purpose, our power Unix admin may need to backup and recover file from
the file system directly (not through Jackrabbit).  Is it possible and how can I do it?

Thank you very much