jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "PREVOSTO, Laurent" <laurent.prevo...@sfr.com>
Subject configFile vs repository.xml
Date Sun, 23 Jan 2011 18:38:52 GMT
Sorry gentlemen, as it may be a FAQ...
but, once for all, i would like to know how things work regarding jackrabbit (we use 1.6.2)
confilg files :

We are using jboss, hence have jcr-ds.xml with the following line :

<config-property name="homeDir" type="java.lang.String">/foobar/myapp/data/jcr</config-property>
<config-property name="configFile" type="java.lang.String">classpath:myapp/repository-val.xml</config-property>

in the conf dir of jboss lies a myapp/repository-val.xml file with the complete configuration
which defines :
<Workspaces rootPath="${rep.home}/workspaces" defaultWorkspace="default"/>
and
<Versioning rootPath="${rep.home}/version">

And of course there is another config file there :
/foobar/myapp/data/jcr/workspaces/default/workspace.xml

>From the documentation, it looks like the actual configuration (persistenceManager, datastore,
etc.) should come from /foobar/myapp/data/jcr/workspaces/default/workspace.xml (which first
starts as a copy of the main one - repository-val.xml).
But guys here tell me that modifying there main one (repository-val.xml) works fine if we
want to modify PM's db credentials for instance...

All this is quite confusing. Where lies the truth ?
Or are there properties that come from the main repository.xml and others that can be overloaded
in workspace.xml ?

I am afraid that sometimes people modify workspace.xml and sometimes  repository-val.xml and
consequently, nobody knows jackrabbit's exact configuration... which is somewhat scary :-)

Thanx for answers.

Regards,

Laurent