jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From yun <zhi...@ecquaria.com>
Subject rmi.value.binaryvalue and JackrabbitValue
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 03:59:55 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to solve this problem as I need the encoded file name that
jackrabbit creates for backup purposes.

Example of a filename in "../repository/datastore/c3/e3/39" is
"c3e33992d6ed39e888754ceab1b72592df2ca398".

I could use .getContentIdentity() from JackrabbitValue but as I am using rmi
repository, the following error occurs.

ERROR:
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.value.BinaryValue cannot be cast to
org.apache.jackrabbit.api.JackrabbitValue

This is due to rmi.value.BinaryValue does not implement
jackrabbit.api.JackrabbitValue.

I could create a trancient repository to get the encoded filename as a same
filestream always produces a same encoded file name, but I think it is too
slow and not right to do so. Is there a way to change the BinaryValue to a
JackrabbitValue or a method that could obtain the encoded filename from the
BinaryValue.

Thanks,
Yun