jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Mark Phillips <mark.phill...@mophilly.com>
Subject Re: newbie: understanding web.xml
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 01:13:32 GMT

On Dec 9, 2010, at 3:06 PM, ChadDavis wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken, that is commented out because the default set up
> uses another alternative to locate it's repository.xml file.  In
> particular, there's a bootstrap.properties file.  But I don't know the
> details of this off the top of my head.  Someone else will though.

Thank you for the reply, Chad.

I can find bootstrap.properties, but it too appears to generic values. It also does not get
written out during deployment, but remains only in the directory "templates".

I assumed the actual paths would be applied when the Tomcat manager was used to deploy the
web app, with necessary files written into the "work" directory. However, that does not seem
to be the case for these config files, as is hinted at in the following error message:

 13.12.2010 10:11:06 *ERROR* RepositoryStartupServlet:
    Repository startup configuration is not valid but a bootstrap config is specified.
    (RepositoryStartupServlet.java, line 366)

There are other errors, for example an error stating that "jackrabbit/repository.xml" cannot
be found. I have confirmed that "repository.xml" cannot be found. Is this an error condition
or is "repository.xml" a file I need to create?

I haven't taken to using a java console to issue various commands. My hope was the web app
would do this for me. Perhaps I am being naive.

Any help warmly received.

 - Mark