jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Item cannot be saved because it has been modified externally: node /
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 09:47:20 GMT
On 16.12.10 00:18, "Fran├žois Cassistat" <f.cassistat@maya-systems.com>
wrote:

>It means to create a new session and reaffecting changes. It could be
>easy if the session changes could be exported, but it is not possible.

In all cases I have seen so far (content applications), such an exception
usually requires going back to the user anyway (like a conflict in a wiki,
displaying the diff, etc.), as Justin noted. It's a conceptual thing that
must take the decisions of the user in mind. Therefore the application
processing will probably need to go through the same steps as original and
hence one doesn't need to export the session state.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek