jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AW: Can't open files
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 12:30:16 GMT
On 01.12.10 13:03, "Mario Killmer" <info@mk-webservices.de> wrote:

>Hello again,
>
>that's make me crazy ! Maybe some of you can point me to the right
>direction.
>
>I try to open an word document in read-write mode from a windows webdav
>client (explorer). But when I click on the files in the webfolder nothing
>happens. And I don't know where my problem is !
>I use the simplewebdavservlet and the default repository (with user
>anonymus) from the jackrabbit.war archive. Is the anonymus user the
>problem
>? How can I setup a new user for testing my issues ? Must I define a jaas
>authentification ? Or is there an easier way to define a user with
>read/write permissions ?

AFAIK there is no web interface to create users. This has to be done by
using the user management API [1]. You get the user manager by casting the
JCR session to the JackrabbitSession [2] interface:

    UserManager um = ((JackrabbitSession) session).getUserManager();
    um.createUser("user", "password");

But you should have a default administrative user with the credentials
"admin/admin" to get started.

[1]
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/2.1/org/apache/jackrabbit/api/security/use
r/package-summary.html