jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Maxim Usoltsev <max.usolt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit-jca 2.2 - repository shutdows after every logout
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 08:08:25 GMT
2010/12/16 Jukka Zitting <jzitting@adobe.com>:

> Hmm, that's a side-effect of JCR-2555 [1], where we made the JCA packaging independent
of the underlying JCR implementation. There's no standard repository shutdown mechanism in
JCR, so the only way to do proper resource management without custom JCR extensions is to
make the repository automatically startup and shutdown itself based on open sessions [2].

> If this behavior is troublesome, please file an improvement request for fixing this.
We could solve the issue either by automatically keeping an open session around until the
JCA package gets undeployed or by adding special handling for Jackrabbit repositories.

Created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2847