jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Edouard Hue <edouard....@gmail.com>
Subject Descendant node query and shareable nodes
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 10:00:31 GMT
Hello,

I'm facing a problem when trying to query shared nodes using the
ISDESCENDANTNODE operator. Let's consider this tree :

/A/B/X

X being a shareable node. Considering this other tree :

/E/F

If I clone the X node under F (resulting in /E/F/X) and run a query such as
:

select * from [type of X] as x where isdescendantnode(x, [/A])

Then I get X. But if I run this other query :

select * from [type of X] as x where isdescendantnode(x, [/E])

Then I don't get any result. It looks like Jackrabbit considers that X is
only a descendant of A, not of E. JBoss ModeShape has the same behaviour.
So, is it the expected behaviour that a shared node is considered a
descendant only of its first parent, or is that a bug ?

Thanks,

Edouard