jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: newbie: understanding web.xml
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 23:06:55 GMT
On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Mark Phillips
<mark.phillips@mophilly.com> wrote:
> As I work through the setup of my first jackrabbit on a server, I am wading through the
files and docs.

> I see in the file web.xml a lot of commented out directives, as follows...
>
>  <!--
>        <init-param>
>            <param-name>repository-config</param-name>
>            <param-value>/WEB-INF/repository/repository.xml</param-value>
>            <description>the repository config location</description>
>        </init-param>
> -->

If I'm not mistaken, that is commented out because the default set up
uses another alternative to locate it's repository.xml file.  In
particular, there's a bootstrap.properties file.  But I don't know the
details of this off the top of my head.  Someone else will though.

> Do I infer correctly that I need to create the physical paths, uncomment the directives,
and deploy the application again?