jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jzitt...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: jackrabbit-jca 2.2 - repository shutdows after every logout
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 07:53:19 GMT
Hi,

From: Cech. Ulrich [mailto:Ulrich.Cech@aeb.de]
> I should say, that the shutdown only occurs if no session is open any
> longer, so the way I described only holds one session open at least, so
> the repo does not close...

Hmm, that's a side-effect of JCR-2555 [1], where we made the JCA packaging independent of
the underlying JCR implementation. There's no standard repository shutdown mechanism in JCR,
so the only way to do proper resource management without custom JCR extensions is to make
the repository automatically startup and shutdown itself based on open sessions [2].

If this behavior is troublesome, please file an improvement request for fixing this. We could
solve the issue either by automatically keeping an open session around until the JCA package
gets undeployed or by adding special handling for Jackrabbit repositories.

BR,

Jukka Zitting