jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Seidel. Robert" <Robert.Sei...@aeb.de>
Subject AW: Functionality to store indexes in database with jackrabbit 2.1.2 or upcoming releases.........
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 11:47:14 GMT
I think, the use-case is the same, that we have::

Multi cluster environment - only one single Lucene index within the database for all nodes
would
	-> takes less disk space (if you have more than one node)
	-> make backups easier (you only have to backup the database, not the db and some folders
on three nodes)
	-> makes it easier to add nodes (you don't have to wait, until the index is built up)
	-> make the index more stable (because the database is transactional)

Regards, Robert

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alexander Klimetschek [mailto:aklimets@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 29. November 2010 11:26
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Functionality to store indexes in database with jackrabbit 2.1.2 or upcoming
releases.........

But what is the use-case for this? Why store a full-text index
implementation that is totally unrelated to the DB inside a database layer
that just makes it perform worse, use more disk-space, etc.? It's like
implementing a database index by storing it in another database...

Regards,
Alex

Regards,
Alex