jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Seidel. Robert" <Robert.Sei...@aeb.de>
Subject AW: Multiple instances of repository
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 07:51:59 GMT
Hi Nikhil,

if you want to use clustering, you have to define a repository home for each cluster.

Clustering is necessary, if you want to have the same data/indexes at all cluster nodes -
the key word is synchronization.

If your instances and the repositories operate separately from each other, you don't need
clustering. Separate repository homes, data stores and persistence managers will do the job.

Kindly regards, Robert

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: nikhil.agrawal@emeter.com [mailto:nikhil.agrawal@emeter.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 16. November 2010 08:33
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Multiple instances of repository

Hi,

I am using jackrabbit as JCR implementation in my project. I am running jackrabbit with in
my application in the same jvm.
The application read the content from repository and also writes some content in repository.
There could be multiple concurrent instances of my application running on the same or different
machines.
I have a configuration file for jackrabbit and I have a single repository home for jackrabbit.
Now as soon as one instance of the application is up and running, I can't run the other instance
as the first instance creates a lock file in repository home.
After doing some search I came to know about running the jackrabbit in clustered mode.
Now my question is even in this case I will have to specify a different repository home for
every run, right?
That means I should form the repository home path at the run time because at compile time
I am not sure how many instance will be run.
This is a standalone java application and theoretically n number of instance can be run.
My question is when I have to specify a different repository path for every run, then the
jackrabbit will work even with out clustering?
Because .lock file will be different for different runs as the repository home is different.
I know I am missing something here, please help me.
I am attaching my conf file with this mail.

Thanks,
Nikhil