jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Functionality to store indexes in database with jackrabbit 2.1.2 or upcoming releases.........
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:07:10 GMT
Hi,

>What I wanted to say is that the specification indirectly mandates it.
>AFAIK there is no statement that all properties have to be indexed, but
>since you only have one index from the JCR query API point of view, any
>repository-implementation-specific configuration or choice on how to index
>does not work for multiple applications. Hence indirectly everything must
>be indexed by a (useful) implementation OOTB.

What do you mean with "you only have one index from the JCR query API
point of view"?

Relational databases support multiple indexes, and they choose the right
(well, hopefully) index / indexes depending on the query. I don't see how
Jackrabbit is not "allowed" to do that because of the query API.

Regards,
Thomas