jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Functionality to store indexes in database with jackrabbit 2.1.2 or upcoming releases.........
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:34:20 GMT
On 29.11.10 14:21, "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Alexander Klimetschek
><aklimets@adobe.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>Sorry, where in the spec is this mandated?
>>
>> Not sure if it is actually mandated,
>
>if you're not sure then please refrain from making such
>public statements. they are not very helpful and only
>cause confusion.

What I wanted to say is that the specification indirectly mandates it.
AFAIK there is no statement that all properties have to be indexed, but
since you only have one index from the JCR query API point of view, any
repository-implementation-specific configuration or choice on how to index
does not work for multiple applications. Hence indirectly everything must
be indexed by a (useful) implementation OOTB.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek