jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Functionality to store indexes in database with jackrabbit 2.1.2 or upcoming releases.........
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:21:02 GMT
Hi,

Jackrabbit currently uses Lucene. According to the Lucene FAQ it should be possible, but I'm
not sure what changes (if any) would be required in Jackrabbit:

http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#Can_I_store_the_Lucene_index_in_a_relational_database.3F

I'm not aware of plans to support this feature. Patches are welcome of course :-)

Regards,
Thomas

From: Atul Kumar Tripathi <Atulkumart@virtusa.com<mailto:Atulkumart@virtusa.com>>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 05:06:31 +0000
To: "users@jackrabbit.apache.org<mailto:users@jackrabbit.apache.org>" <users@jackrabbit.apache.org<mailto:users@jackrabbit.apache.org>>
Subject: Functionality to store indexes in database with jackrabbit 2.1.2 or upcoming releases.........

Hi Guys,

Is this possible to store indexes in database using jackrabbit 2.1.2?

Are there any plans to provide functionality to store indexes in database with upcoming Jackrabbit
Releases?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards.
Atul Tripathi
Senior Engineer  |  Datacert/Technology.
Virtusa India Pvt. Ltd.
Chennai ATC
Phone:  +91 44 66127000 Ext:  3742 | Mobile:  +91 9940483180
[cid:image001.jpg@01CB8FB1.496525A0]<http://www.virtusa.com/> [cid:image002.gif@01CB8FB1.496525A0]
<http://www.virtusa.com/blog/> [cid:image003.gif@01CB8FB1.496525A0] <https://twitter.com/VirtusaCorp>
 [cid:image004.gif@01CB8FB1.496525A0] <http://www.linkedin.com/companies/virtusa>  [cid:image005.gif@01CB8FB1.496525A0]
<http://www.facebook.com/VirtusaCorp>  [cid:image006.gif@01CB8FB1.496525A0] <http://www.youtube.com/virtusacorporation>
 [cid:image007.gif@01CB8FB1.496525A0] <http://www.flickr.com/photos/virtusa>

Virtusa was recently ranked and featured in 2010 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, 2010 Global
Services 100, IAOP's 2010 Global Outsourcing 100 sub-list and 2010 FinTech 100 among others.

specific individual and purpose, and is intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorized
disclosure, use, dissemination, copying, or distribution of this message or any of its attachments
or the information contained in this e-mail, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete this message.