jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AutoCompelete
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 10:46:24 GMT
On 25.11.10 11:00, "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijvers@onehippo.com> wrote:
>Ah, you suggest to manually keep track of the 'auto-suggest' list,
>right? Just read them all in once, have some observer for changes, et
>voila. That works, but I wanted to build it differently myself

I already implemented it like this. The things is that the use case will
be that you don't want to automatically build this list from some generic
full text search index. I thought about using the Lucene index of the
repository as source for this as well. But it turns out that you always
want to control what is displayed during the auto completion.

Otherwise, how do you select the ~10 items to show for 1, 2 or 3 letter
inputs? You need some use-case-dependent priorities for each term, for
example the popularity of those terms gathered from the search interface
itself.

Regards,
Alex

--