jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: server antivirus integration
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 15:01:25 GMT
On 21.11.10 16:48, "Eric Lenio" <eric@lincware.com> wrote:

>Jackrabbit users:
>
>I did a quick search of the Jackrabbit archives and did not see much on
>this. I am looking for ideas/suggestions/experiences about server-side
>scanning of documents for viruses before inserting them into a Jackrabbit
>repository.

If you want to scan them _before_ inserting into the repository, it very
much depends on your application architecture/framework.

A good approach might be to import first, then have an observation
listener scan any new binary content and store its result next to the file
(a property like "virusScan=ok"). Your application could deny reading the
data before the scan property was set to "ok".

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek