jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: 30 secondes to create and open a repository ?
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 14:08:40 GMT
Hi,

>It seem that DerbyPersistenceManager, the default, is very time expensive,
>for me, at startup.

That's strange, Derby is relatively fast for me. Not as fast as other Java
databases, but much faster than 30 seconds.

>If I must use another database, which one ?

You could try the H2 database - http://h2database.com - it is a bit faster
than Derby according to my test. Disclaimer: I'm one of the H2 committers.

But most likely Derby is not responsible for the 30 seconds. Try profiling
the startup. To do that, use java
-Xrunhprof:cpu=samples,depth=32,interval=1 - see also
http://h2database.com/html/performance.html#application_profiling - or use
the build-in Profiler tool of the H2 database:
http://h2database.com/html/performance.html#built_in_profiler

Regards,
Thomas