jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ista Pouss <ista...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 30 secondes to create and open a repository ?
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 13:21:36 GMT
2010/11/11 Cech. Ulrich <Ulrich.Cech@aeb.de>

> < No, I configure nothing ; the repository goes in an empty directory, as
> you can see with dirs.mkdirs().>
> Then, try to configure a repository.xml and choose simple FileSystem as
> PersistenceManager and so on and give this XML to the TransientRepository to
> check, if this makes some difference.

With BundleFsPersistenceManager, the same take only 3 secondes !

It seem that DerbyPersistenceManager, the default, is very time expensive,
for me, at startup.

But what to do ?... in wiki I read, at
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ#Bundle_File-System_PM:
"Bundle File-System PM Not meant to be used in production environments
(except for read-only uses)".

is it derby wich is bad ? If I must use another database, which one ?

My use case is a desktop application, for text/images, like catalogs
(something like 10.000 products).

> And try to use some absolute paths. It seems that there is something wrong
> with your computers' IO-access.

It is absolute path, and jackrabbit is the only one which detect this
"something wrong" stuf with my computer IO-access, fortunately.

Thanks.